Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/flashcleaningco/public_html/wp-content/themes/flashclean/single.php on line 60
Moving out is not a piece of cake. There are a lot of things that need to be done before you step out of your old home for the last time. Apart from shifting your furniture, cleaning is one of the most important things you need to take care of. However, since the whole procedure involves so much hassle, the confusion remains wide about what needs to be done. So, how clean should your house be when you move out?
You can get help from your landlord if he has a checklist that he uses to inspect the house after the tenant leaves. You can also look into your lease contract to see if it specifies what needs to be in shape when planning to move out. According to the list given, you must pay attention to what is given to cover your bases. This usually involves the walls, equipment, bathroom, and furniture, if any. Utilising that information, you can easily condition up the stuff before moving out so that no amount is reduced from your security deposit. Moreover, you must leave the space pristine as you would like for yourself, which also goes well on your tenant record.
If you are running low on budget or just love to manage things on your own, here is a little guide to help with move-out cleaning in Auckland.
- Start from the top: Cleaning your floors first or dusting the furniture can be bad. In order to make the space spot-on, you must start by cleaning from the top, that is, the roof and the ceiling area. This will make work easier and help you avoid extra work. Apart from ceilings, you must also clean fans, cabinets, and lamps mounted on higher areas.
- Don’t overload: Create batches of your home; in simple words, create segments and clean every segment one by one. The work will become easier when you enlist the areas and tasks you need to look into in a segment and then clean them accordingly. Refrain from overwhelming yourself by doing it all at once. We recommend you start cleaning at least a week before and gradually complete all your work to avoid getting burdened.
- Make boxes for each segment: You might find something from the kitchen, trash, or wardrobe while cleaning. Therefore, we suggest allotting different carton boxes for each segment and sorting things accordingly as you find them.
- Last-minute cleaning: No matter how much time and days you take to clean the house, there will always be some last-minute cleanup left before you leave. This includes bathroom areas, kitchen, and bedroom. Ensure you don’t leave much work for last-minute cleanup, and keep priority stuff handy.
Move-Out Cleaning Checklist Throughout the Home
- Don’t forget to dust the ceiling fans using high-reach dusters or brooms
- Eliminate any screws or nails from the walls. you need to remove any tool used to install shelves or artwork. If you have drilled the walls, remember to fill them with wall putty.
- It is important to clean all the walls and mould. You can use a microfibre mop or magic eraser to remove scuff marks or stains.
- Remember to dust and wipe the ledges of the windows from inside as well as outside.
- Doors should also be properly dusted and wiped with a moist cloth.
- After you have cleaned the top surfaces, you must remember to vacuum and mop the floor.
Move-Out Cleaning Checklist For the Kitchen
- Start by emptying up the space. Begin with rarely needed pots and pans and utensils in the cabinet.
- Remember to pack up your spices, condiments, and liquids in spill-proof jars.
- After emptying the space and dust, wipe the cabinets thoroughly.
- Next, you need to clean the oven and stove top.
- The dishwasher, sink, refrigerator, and other electronic items that belong to the landlord must be cleaned properly.
- Remember to disinfect the countertops.
Move-Out Cleaning Checklist For The Bathroom
- Begin by dusting the ceiling
- Scrub the shower properly and try removing hard water stains.
- Remember to clean the sink and faucet handles and the cabinets.
- The toilet seat should be cleaned in and out. Scrubbing, flushing, and even the flush tank should be drained and wiped.
Moving out cleaning in Auckland can be hefty and costly if not done well, but you can save yourself from losing your security deposit. We understand that you already have loads of work while shifting to your house with no time. Keeping everything top-notch in the previous space becomes more of a hassle. Therefore, hiring professional cleaners specializing in moving-out cleaning can improve things for you. Flash Cleaning service in Auckland is always ready to serve you. Connect with us today.
Is the service assured?
Based on the common tenant and landlord agreements, they are aware of the cleaning procedures and how everything has to be managed without damaging or ruining anything. They work by the contract and thus put in absolute efforts to help get back as much money as possible.
How long does move-out cleaning take?
A common question tenants ask is how long the whole process will take. The time required for cleanup is based on the size and amount of work needed. This can also depend on how many cleaners are on the ground. The more, the faster the work. However, if you want comprehensive cleanup with detailed work from grout removal to furniture cleanup.
How much does move-out cleanup cost?
The cost of your moving-out cleaning services depends on the area and mess that needs to be cleaned. Moreover, the number of cleaners required will also count in the matter. The service provider also charges based on the type of service you seek. Extensive or normal. All these factors play a crucial role in determining the cost. Therefore we recommend you to get a quotation from 2-3 service providers so that you can compare their prices and make a wise decision. You can also reach to Flash Cleaning to get estimate about the cleanup cost.